Office of Assessment, Accreditation, & Compliance
The Office of Assessment, Accreditation, and Compliance is committed to promoting and sustaining a culture of institutional assessment and continuous improvement at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi.
As part of the Division of Academic Affairs, the Office of Assessment, Accreditation and Compliance supports the institutional effectiveness efforts and continuous improvement initiatives of academic, academic support, and administrative units at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. Consultation services are provided to encourage program enhancements through the implementation of systematic assessment of student learning, as well as the evaluation of administrative units.
To support the mission, primary responsibilities include:
- Provide training and consultation on assessment design and implementation for faculty, staff, and administrators
- Provide consultation on the documentation of institutional effectiveness and continuous improvement strategies, as reported in WEAVEonline
- Audit the quality and effectiveness of assessment documentation strategies of the university
- Enhance the visibility and recognition of quality institutional effectiveness practices employed by university programs
- Support the integration of Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board General Education assessment initiatives
- Serve as a primary resource on learning assessment in higher education
- Serve as a resource for institutional and program accreditation effectiveness and continuous improvement activities
- Innovate, develop, and disseminate research based best practices and assessment scholarship