The Office of Assessment and Continuous Improvement is committed to promoting and sustaining a culture of institutional assessment and continuous improvement at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi.
As part of the Division of Academic Affairs, the Office of Assessment and Continuous Improvement supports the assessment efforts and continuous improvement initiatives of academic, academic support, and administrative programs at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. Consultation services are provided to encourage program enhancements through the implementation of systematic assessment of student learning and evaluation of programs.
To support the mission, primary responsibilities include:
- Provide training and consultation on assessment design and implementation for faculty, staff, and administrators
- Provide consultation on the documentation of assessment strategies, as reported in WEAVEonline
- Audit the quality and effectiveness of assessment documentation strategies of the university
- Enhance the visibility and recognition of quality assessment practices employed by university programs
- Support the integration of Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board General Education assessment initiatives
- Serve as a primary resource on learning assessment in higher education
- Serve as a resource for institutional and program accreditation assessment requirements
- Innovate, develop, and disseminate research based best practices and assessment scholarship
- Serve as the official WEAVEonline administrator for the university